Summary of the professional career of Dr Navid ALIZADEH
Specialist in plastic reconstructive and aesthetic surgery FMH
Former Chief of Clinic adjoint at Geneva University Hospitals
Laureate of the SSCPRE 2001 (Swiss Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery) for his research on the role of FVIIai on the survival of randomized skin flaps
Laureate of ECSAPS 2003 (European Congress of Scientists and Plastic Surgeon) for his research on the pathophysiology of ischemic skin flaps
DIU head and neck (Inter-university Diploma of surgical anatomy of head and neck), Paris 5, 2003
Federal Diploma of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine of Geneva, 1994
ECFMG accreditation (Diploma of Medicine, USA), 1994
Member of the ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery)
Member of the SSCPRE (Swiss Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery)
Member of AMG (Geneva Medicine Association)
Former member of the Board of Directors of the University Hospitals of Geneva (2014-2018)
Establishment of the Centre c a r e Ambulatory Surgery Reconstructive and Aesthetic
Visting Doctor, Hospital A. Einstein San Paulo, Brazil for Cosmetic Surgery
2003 – 2004:
Clinical Director Adj., Unit of Plastic Surgery, University Hospitals of Geneva
2002 – 2003:
Plastic Surgery Resident Clinic face Bizet, Paris 16th Internship in ocular plastic surgery Ophthalmological Foundation Rothschild, Paris 19th Fellow surgical onco-plastic breast, Marie Curie Institute, Paris 5th
Visiting Doctor, Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, (New York University, G. McCarthy)
Unit of Plastic Surgery, University Hospitals of Geneva (D. Montandon)
1996 – 1997:
Deputy chief of general surgery clinic Providence Hospital, Neuchâtel
1994 – 1998:
Training of General Surgery, University Hospitals of Geneva
1994 – 1994:
Visiting doctor in general surgery, Charity Hospital Mashhad, Iran
1994 – 1994:
Training in general surgery, HUG
Dr Navid ALIZADEH, learn more:
Scientific Research of Dr Navid ALIZADEH
Wound healing in ischemic environment
Pathogenesis of ischemia skin flaps
Microsurgical training (laboratory plastic surgery HUG)
Teaching Activity Dr Navid ALIZADEH
Management of burn patients , for nurses HUG
Modern treatment of bedsores
(Congress of bedsores, Geneva)
June 1999 and 2001 :
Biomaterials in Plastic Surgery,
Postgraduate course in biomedical engineering ,
EPFL , University of Lausanne and University of Geneva
Operative risk in plastic surgery, HUG
Vascular abnormalities skin HUG
Peritonitis emergency HUG
March 1992 :
Vascular malformations and hemangiomas, HUG
July 1992 :
Etiopathology aortic aneurysms , CMU, Geneva
Scientific Publications Dr Navid ALIZADEH
Published in “peer-reviewed international journals” items:
– Pittet B, Quinodoz P, Alizadeh N, Schlaudraff KU, Mahajan AL Optimizing the arterialized venous flap Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008 Dec, 122 (6) :1681-9.
– Kai U. Schlaudraff, Michael S. Pepper, Elena N. Tkachuk, Igor Ehrenburg, Navid Alizadeh, Denys Montandon, Brigitte Pittet Hypoxic preconditioning Increases Skin Oxygenation and Viability goal Does Not Alter VEGF Expression Vascular Density or High Altitude Medicine & Biology. March 2008, 9 (1): 76-88.
– N. Alizadeh, MS Pepper, A. Modaressi, K. Alfo, DK Schlaudraff, D. Montandon, G. Gabbiani, ML-Bochaton Piallat, B. Pittet. Persistent ischemia odd myofibroblast development in wound granulation tissue. A new model of delayed wound healing Wound repair and regeneration. . Accepted July 2007
– Pittet B, Mahajan AL, Alizadeh N, Schlaudraff KU, Fasel J, Montandon D. The serratus anterior free flap and Its cutaneous component for reconstruction of the face: a series of 27 cases. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006 Apr; 117 (4) :1277-88.
– Judge Aubry CE, Somm E, Pernin A, Alizadeh N, Giusti V, Dayer JM, Meier CA. has regulated source of interleukin-10 Adipose tissue is. Cytokine. March 21 2005, 29 (6) :270-4.
– Alizadeh N, Pittet B, X Tenorio, Pyke C, D Baetens, Schlaudraff KU, Montandon D, Ezban M, Pepper MS .. Active-Site inactivated FVIIa Decreases thrombosis and necrosis in a random skin flap model of acute ischemia. J Surg Res. December 2004, 122 (2) :263-73.
– C. Rinsch, P. Quinodoz, B. Pittet, N. Alizadeh, N, Baetens D. Montandon, P. Aebischer, MS Pepper. Delivery of FGF-2 but not VEGF by encapsulated genetically engineered myoblasts Improves survival and vascularization in a model of acute skin flap ischemia. Gene Ther. 2001 Apr; 8 (7) :523-533.
– N. Alizadeh. “Risk operative plastic and reconstructive surgery.” Med Hyg and. 2000 2327-8: 2592-2595.
– N. Alizadeh, D. Savioz, L. Bühler, C. Becker, LM Cereda Dr. Morel. Bowel lesion in blunt abdominal trauma
– the value of CT scan. Swiss Surg. 1998, 4:216-220. – N. Alizadeh, L. Bühler, O. Huber, Dr. Morel. Conservative treatment of perforated peptic ulcer disease: indication and results. Wochenschr. 1997 Supp. 89:17 s-19s.
Scientific Prizes Dr Navid ALIZADEH
Price ECSAPS (european congress of scientists and plastic, sucker), for his research on the pathophysiology of ischemic skin flaps
Price of the Swiss Society of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics, for his research on the role of FVIIai on the survival of skin flaps randomized
Scholarship and Research Funding Dr Navid ALIZADEH
Swiss Foundation for Research (NIH):
“Improving survival and repair of ischemic tissue”
(3200-067254.01 / 1).
Background development HUG for a year of training in Paris
Presentations and Conferences Dr Navid ALIZADEH
Alizadeh N, Ulthera st firming facial. National Congress of Aesthetic Medicine and Dermatological Surgery, Paris, September 2013
Mahajan AL, Quinodoz P, Alizadeh N, Schlaudraff KU, Pittet B. Optimising the arterialised venous flap.Irish Association of Plastic Surgeons Meeting, Galway, May 2007
Mahajan AL, Quinodoz P, Alizadeh N, Schlaudraff KU, Pittet B. Optimising the arterialised venous flap.International Plastic Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeons meeting, Berlin, June 2007
N. Alizadeh, K. Clough. Tram flap abdominal wall mesh infection, 15 years experience and 320 boxes. Congress Swiss Socity of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Bern, September 2004.
E. Thatchouk, KU Schlaudraff Cheretakis A., N. Alizadeh, R. Gumener, D. Montandon, B. Pittet. Reconstruction of the right lower limb: About a patient with atypical etiology of pressure ulcers. Congress of the Union of SSC, June 2002 Lausanne.
B. Pittet, N. Alizadeh, D. Montandon. Reliability of composite serratus anterior myocutaneous free flap for facial reconstruction: clinical experience and cadaveric study. EURAPS, June 2002, Crete.
N. Alizadeh, MS Pepper, D. Montandon, ML – Bochaton Pilallat, G. Gabbiani, B. Pittet. Impact of lower limb ischemia persist on wound healing. ECSAPS, September 2001, Helsinki.
N. Alizadeh, B. Pittet, C. Pyke, D. Baetens, D. Montandon, M. Ezban, MS Pepper. Inactivated FVIIa ( FVIIai ) Increases survival in a rat ischemic skin flap model of acute ischemia. ECSAPS, September 2001, Helsinki.
B. Pittet, C. Rinsch, P. Quinodoz, N. Alizadeh, N. Baetens, KU Sclaudraff, D. Montandon, P. Aebischer, MS Pepper. Tissue necrosis and Its modulation by local release of cytokines in a rat ischemic skin flap model. ECSAPS, September 2001, Helsinki.
N. Alizadeh, MS Pepper, D. Montandon, ML – Bochaton Pilallat, G. Gabbiani, B. Pittet. The impact of lower limb ischemia on wound healing. SSCPR, September 2001.
N. Alizadeh, B. Pittet, C. Pyke, D. Baetens, D. Montandon, M. Ezban, MS Pepper. Inactivated FVIIa ( FVIIai ) Increases skin flap viability in a model of acute ischemia. EURAPS, June 2001, Helsinki, Sweden.
N. Alizadeh, B. Pittet, C. Pyke, D. Baetens, D. Montandon, M. Ezban, MS Pepper. The FVIIai improves the survival of skin flaps. Day young artists, Collège de France, Paris, January 2001.
N. Alizadeh, MS Pepper, D. Montandon, ML – Bochaton Pilallat, G. Gabbiani, B. Pittet. The impact on the healing ischemia. Day young artists, Collège de France, Paris, January 2001.
N. Alizadeh, B. Pittet, C. Pyke, D. Baetens, D. Montandon, M. Ezban, MS Pepper. Active- Site inactivated FVIIa ( FVIIai ) Increases skin flap viability in a model of acute ischemia. XIth International Vascular Biology Meeting, Geneva, September 2000.
N. Alizadeh, MS Pepper, D. Montandon, G. Gabbiani, B. Pittet. Ulcer Wound healing and ischemia: a new model in the lower limb of rats. XIth International Vascular Biology Meeting, Geneva, September 2000.
N. Alizadeh, B. Pittet, C. Pyke, D. Baetens, D. Montandon, M. Ezban, MS Pepper. Active- Site inactivated FVIIa ( FVIIai ) Increases viability of skin flaps. Congress Swiss Socity of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vitznau, September 2000.
F. Schneider, N. Alizadeh, S. Binaghi, F. Gudinchet. ” Tridimensional CT in the preoperative assessment of Noma “. Swiss Society of Radiology, Bern, June 2000.
N. Alizadeh, F. Irmay Dr. Morel. Late colonic perforation in a polytraumatized patient: a case report. Congress of the Union of Swiss Surgical Societies, Lausanne, June 1998.
N. Alizadeh, D. Savioz, L. Bühler et al. Bowel Perforation in Blunt Abdominal Trauma – the value of the CT scan. Congress of the Union of Swiss Surgical Societies, Geneva, June 1996.
L. Bühler, N. Alizadeh, O. Huber, Dr. Morel. Conservative treatment of perforated peptic ulcer disease – indication and results. Congress of the Union of Swiss Surgical Societies, Lausanne, June 1996.
N. Alizadeh, MS Pepper, B. Pittet. Skin Flap Ischemia: a morphological and physiological study in the rat. ESPRAS, University of St. Gallen, September 1999.
Courses and Workshop Dr Navid ALIZADEH
International course of Macghan anatomical implants,
During the second surgery orbitofrontal plapebrale, Marseille, France
Leman eighth symposium for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery:
Cosmetic Surgery lower 1/3 of the face, D. Montandon
Leman seventh symposium of plastic and cosmetic surgery:
cosmetic abdominoplasty, D. Montandon
18th international flap workshop,
Liège University, Belgium, J. Fissette
Postgraduate course in research methods of surgery,
Imperial College School of Medicine, London, KM Taylor and RT Mathie
Vascular Surgery Workshop, Zermatt, JP Becquemin and A. Genton
Microsurgery Workshop, HUG, Ph. D. Della Santa and Rheiner